EDAS CE - Programmable Automation Controllers
Source: Intelligent Instrumentation, A Texas Instruments Company
Intelligent Instrumentation's Programmable Automation Controllers (PACs), combine the ruggedness of the PLC and the functionally of a PC-based control system for Ethernet/Internet monitoring and automation control solutions.
Download the complete product brochure now.
Intelligent Instrumentation's Programmable Automation Controllers (PACs), combine the ruggedness of the PLC and the functionally of a PC-based control system for Ethernet/Internet monitoring and automation control solutions that are designed for sharing real-time operations, environment, and productivity data in stand-alone data logging, networked, and distributed industrial data acquisition applications.
EDAS CE provides from 8 to 192 channels of isolated analog and digital I/O, relay output, triac output and RS-232 data, with built-in 10/100BaseT Ethernet, and a CPU running the Windows embedded CE 3.0 operating system all packaged in a rugged modular package.
- With EDAS CE, stand-alone, networked and distributed test, measurement, RS-232 device connectivity and control applications can be implemented using Microsoft's free eMbedded Visual Tools. These tools allow users to write, download and debug applications for the EDAS CE using the popular eMbedded Visual C++ and eMbedded Visual Basic programming languages.
- EDAS systems communicate using built-in industry-standard TCP/IP protocol, providing a non-proprietary interface to virtually any host platform including Windows, UNIX, LINUX, and AS/400. In addition, data communication and protocol APIs for interfacing to third party PLC vendors as well as built-in OPC server interface are available.
- EDAS CE can support up to 500 + MB of non-volatile storage allowing it to continue operating and logging data in the event of a network disruption.
- EDAS CE supports many networking standards including TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP, DHCP, ODBC and time synchronization.
- WebDevice embedded Web server enables Intranet/Internet monitoring and control of data from EDAS CE to be displayed in real-time on remote workstations.
- Ask about our OEM program for application specific requirements.